Shhh…God is here
- I will give thanks to Yahweh with my whole heart. I will tell of all your marvelous works.
- I will be glad and rejoice in you. I will sing praise to your name, O Most High…
- Those who know your name will put their trust in you,
- for you, Yahweh, have not forsaken those who seek you.
- Sing praises to Yahweh, who dwells in Zion, and declare among the people what he has done. Psalm 9:1-2, 10-11 (WEB)
- Yesterday I was thinking about shouting. Today I am thinking about responses. I am thankful today. As I spent some time with God yesterday I again knew:
- â€“ God was already there, waiting for me. I did not have to get His attention. God was there. His attention was not distracted. He made me feel like I was His only conference in the day. Yeah! Right!
- â€“ God let me talk and talk and talk. I could be â€˜chattyâ€™ or as â€˜closed-mouthâ€™ as I wanted. God did not cut me off and He did not have to pry it out of me. He already knew. My talking helps me as I unload and allow the verbalizing of my thoughts to sift the emotion. As I say some things â€“ I think, â€œDuh!â€ and see so much more clearly. God is Light and He illuminates, driving out the confusion and half-truths that are not Him.
- â€“ As I wind down, I hear Godâ€™s voice much more clearly. Getting my shadows and blankets of of â€œstuffâ€ out of the way enables my human ears to hear what God has to say. To make prayer only about me and what I want to tell God is like never allowing my husband to speak and expecting our marriage to flourish! Being quiet before God is the gold in my prayer time as I sit and do not hurry the silence.
- â€“ Ending prayer and ending my day with thanksgiving for all that God has done is a way to rest so good in the presence of God. Going to sleep thanking God or counting my many blessings, is better than any fancy bed and certainly the sweetest music to my spirit.
- Whether you begin your day with the Lord or end your day with the Lord or just walk through the entire day just having conversations with your God â€“ there is always a piece to add or â€˜flexâ€™ a bit for God to have a fresh time with you. Whatever it is that God has suggested to you â€“ try it! You will like it!!
- May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Â Â Â Â Psalm 19:14 (NIV)
This entry was posted in Psalms
. Bookmark the permalink