- I will offer to you the sacrifice of thanksgiving, and will call on the name of Yahweh.
- I will pay my vows to Yahweh, yes, in the presence of all his people,
- in the courts of Yahwehâ€™s house, in the midst of you, Jerusalem. Praise Yahweh!
- Psalm 116:17-19 (WEB)
- It is a wonderful study to read about the many â€œofferingsâ€ that are described int eh Old Testament. God was teaching His children how to a relationship with Him. He was teaching them how to give the best of their daily lives to Him. How does that translate to me?
- What was the best part of my day yesterday? Was it the way I treated people I did not know? Was it the time I gave to listen to someone in pain? Or was it in writing what God said to me and passing it along to others in a devotion?
- â€œThis is my offering, Lord.â€
- Will God smile at the sweet fragrance or grimace at the off hand â€œwhateverâ€ offering that came from me?
- Every day gives opportunities to offer God the â€œbest fruitsâ€ of my day. The offering is not about how GRAND or flashy it is. I may get the task that seems like little but to God it is a full, fragrant banquet! A tiny act of compassion, unseen by every person around me, can set bells to ringing in Godâ€™s throne room. It is those â€œheart momentsâ€ that come through so clear that show God how He is reflected through me to others. In the courts of God it is about magnifying and glorifying our Lord. THIS is my offering…my life…the best parts of my life…created and given by the One that I adore!
This entry was posted in Psalms
. Bookmark the permalink