Paul, an apostle (not from men, neither through man, but through Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead), and all the brothers who are with me, to the assemblies of Galatia:
Grace to you and peace from God the Father, and our Lord Jesus Christ, who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us out of this present evil age, according to the will of our God and Fatherâ€” to whom be the glory forever and ever. Amen.
I marvel that you are so quickly deserting him who called you in the grace of Christ to a different â€œgood newsâ€; and there isnâ€™t another â€œgood news.â€ Only there are some who trouble you, and want to pervert the Good News of Christ. But even though we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you any â€œgood newsâ€ other than that which we preached to you, let him be cursed. As we have said before, so I now say again: if any man preaches to you any â€œgood newsâ€ other than that which you received, let him be cursed.Â Â Â Galatians 1:1-9 (WEB)
What gospel are you hearing? Is it what you want to hear? Is it what you need to hear?
The gospel of Jesus Christ is â€œgood newsâ€. It is God’s good news. It is good news about His Kingdom.
- Jesus was crucified for me. Only He could be the sacrifice that once and for all atoned for sin. It is an unearned, free gift.
- God loves me. He wants to have a growing, intimate relationship with me. He is the perfect father and He will love and discipline me toward a closer relationship.
- God’s plan is to use me to spread His news. I spread it not only with my voice but with my very life. How I live my life in truth and in love.
What gospel are you telling others?
- Jesus gave me the example to serve others, saying that if I wanted to be great in His Kingdom, I should think of myself as a servant (Mark 10:43).
- Jesus said my faith was to be like that of a child’s. If I am a leader in His church, I should be helping and encouraging others in their relationship with Him, not misleading or making it harder for them to grow (Luke 11:46).
- Jesus is my example and standard. There is no one else that I should be modeling my life. Jesus said that He could do nothing a part from the Father (John 5:19) and so He told me to stay connected to Him so that I would grow in my relationship with the Father (John 15).
The Good News of Jesus Christ has its foundation in the Word of God. That is what I should be listening to in worship in the fellowship to which I belong. It is what I should be reading. It is what I should be teaching and sharing. If my ears â€œitchâ€ for something easier and something that will â€œgo alongâ€ with the way the world wants me to live my life (2 Timothy 4:3), I need to pray for His strength to turn and return to His truth.