Home is Where my Heart is
- Precious in the sight of Yahweh is the death of his saints.
- Yahweh, truly I am your servant. I am your servant, the son of your handmaid.
- You have freed me from my chains. Â Â Â Â Psalm 116:15-16 (WEB)
- If you have had a loved one die recently, you may struggle with these verses. Though I have not had a recent loss, on any given day I may want to skip these verses. But wait! It says â€“ God sees their death as â€œpreciousâ€ â€“ as a â€œtreasureâ€.
- I saw some pictures of a local National Guard battalion returning home after a year in Iraq. I saw a seven-month-old baby pat his daddyâ€™s face in wonder for the first time in his young life! THAT is precious! God sees my coming home to Him in heaven just that way! In my death â€“ I go home! Really home!
- In my death, I am free! I am free of a body that grows old so that joints wear out and organs become weak. I am free of a world of injustice, war, and suffering.
- Grief is a feeling in this world. I grieve (feel sad, hurt, ache, lonely) for those who have gone home to heaven even while I rejoice at where they are. I do not believe that my son, James, who is in heaven misses me. He is with Jesus! There is nothing better than that! Jesus said that He was leaving to prepare my home in heaven. (John 14) Whenever my children visit, I do many special things to celebrate them being home.
- God sets the time for me to go home. Until then I am His servant. I have work to do. With the power of His Spirit and following in the footsteps of Jesus, I will fulfill His plan for my life and go home when my work â€œdayâ€ is done.
This entry was posted in Psalms
. Bookmark the permalink