And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving each other, just as God also in Christ forgave you. Ephesians 4:32 (WEB)
Finally, be all like-minded, [in harmony] compassionate, loving as brothers, tenderhearted, courteous, not rendering evil for evil, or insult for insult; but instead blessing; knowing that to this were you called, that you may inherit a blessing. For,
- â€œHe who would love life, and see good days, let him keep his tongue from evil,
- and his lips from speaking deceit.
- Let him turn away from evil, and do good. Let him seek peace, and pursue it.
- For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears open to their prayer;
- but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.â€ 1 Peter 3:8-12 (WEB)
- Someone just sent me an email invitation to join a group that is going to stand outside an abortion clinic with red tape over their mouths with the word â€œLIFEâ€ on it. She states they are standing for the un-born babies who can not speak for themselves. This kind of behavior â€“ INFURIATES ME!!! Do the people in this group think that we women entering the clinic do not have any feelings? Are they just cold-blooded murderers in their minds? Or are the women just collateral damage in the ‘war’ against those who run the clinics?
- Jesus was compassionate to the sinners. Yes, He did not condone sin and He did not hesitate to identify sin in a person’s life but His verbal condemnation was reserved for the synagogue leaders.
- He said, â€œWoe to you lawyers also! For you load men with burdens that are difficult to carry, and you yourselves wonâ€™t even lift one finger to help carry those burdens.â€ Luke 11:46 (WEB)
- We, His disciples, are to lift the burden of sin â€“ not give the killing kick when they are laying on the ground bleeding! If you weep for the unborn child, then invite a mother to come live with you and help her through the process of giving her child for adoption. Raise money for group homes that give a realistic alternatives to abortion. What an awesome local mission for your own fellowship to support!
- When we see sin, we should feel righteous anger against the prowling enemy who throws those seeds of pain and filth! But the one who has allowed the sin to take root in their life is to receive God’s grace and mercy. How much sin did God forgive in Jody on that night in July? A lot! Let the light of God’s love shine, showing the prodigal the way home.
- There are sinners who have not reach the bottom of the pit and do not want forgiveness. Actions of sinners often cause pain and suffering in others. However, God has not assigned me to judge and exact consequences on others. That is His job.
- Let us not respond to evil with evil. Let us stand in witness to the grace and mercy each of us have received and is available for everyone!