Miracles Happen…Every Day
- Out of the depths I have cried to you, Yahweh.
- Lord, hear my voice. Let your ears be attentive to the voice of my petitions.
- If you, Yahweh, kept a record of sins, Lord, who could stand?
- But there is forgiveness with you, therefore you are feared.
- I wait for Yahweh. My soul waits. I hope in his word.
- My soul longs for the Lord more than watchmen long for the morning;
- more than watchmen for the morning.
- Israel, hope in Yahweh, for with Yahweh there is loving kindness.
- With him is abundant redemption. He will redeem Israel from all their sins. Â Â Â Â Â Psalm 130 (WEB)
- We are so fragile. No matter how old we are; no matter how educated or successful in our careers, we are still Godâ€™s children. That is very apparent as we go about our daily lives. Our physical bodies will only go so long without care, fuel, and water. Our mental capabilities are limited by how long we push and how much we try to retain until our mind says, â€œEnough!â€ And I believe our spirit is at the same time the most fragile and yet unbelievably resilient. So intimately connected to our emotions, our spirit is battered by grief and the unconscious hurts from those we love the most. Resilient because we do regain our joy from those same places, and, if we are wise, from our Creator.
- It is wisdom to turn to our Creator because Who would have our best interest and our good health more in mind than the Father who created us. Too often we mistakenly believe that â€œI got myself into this mess so I must find my way outâ€! How arrogant and just plain stupid. As the best of fathers, our Lord does desire that we learn from our mistakes but He also wants to help us up and dust us off â€“ even kiss the boo-boos and make it â€˜betterâ€™. Who else is always there no matter the time or situation? Who else is always listening and knows when just to listen and when to speak the words of comfort or even give that kick in the pants?!
- I may be one of the most independent, â€œI can do itâ€ daughter that God has! I resist admitting my need for help and try to cover my weakness with â€˜faith faceâ€™ and bravado. Underneath I am the little girl who never heard the compliments but heard every comment about how she came up less than what was expected. God has been whispering in my ear His love and joy and, yes, even pride in His beautiful daughter. He has given me Jesus to speak His desire to have an intimate, one-of-a-kind relationship with me. His Spirit speaks softly to my spirit. His voice is never trying to outshout that â€˜old voiceâ€™ but over the years has grown to be the voice that I want to hear. It is like tuning in my spirit to the frequency of His voice. And I am strengthened by Him. The depths arenâ€™t so deep and the despair is gone. Itâ€™s a miracle. Some say they have never seen a miracle. I have…every day.
This entry was posted in Psalms
. Bookmark the permalink