When Peter saw this, he addressed the people: â€œMen of Israel, why are you amazed at this? Or why do you stare at us, as though we had made him walk by our own power or godliness? The God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, the God of our fathers,has glorified His Servant Jesus, whom you handed over and denied in the presence of Pilate,when he had decided to release Him…
And now, brothers, I know that you did it in ignorance, just as your leaders also did. But what God predicted through the mouth of all the prophetsâ€”that His Messiah would sufferâ€”He has fulfilled in this way. Therefore repent and turn back, so that your sins may be wiped out, that seasons of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord.â€ Â Â Â Â Acts 3:12-13, 17-19 (HCSB)
Lectionary texts: Acts 3:12-19, Psalm 4, 1 John 3:1-7, Luke 24:36-48
What are some of the things that God has done that would be on your personal Amazing List? Here are a few of mine:
- He didn’t give up on me even though it took me 40 years to commit myself to Him.
- He gave me three children through my body and three more through my heart (plus another five through their marriages).
- He amazes me every day with new colors: in the sky or a flower or a bird or the ocean.
- I watched Him heal a young woman who had a dislocated shoulder â€“ push her arm back into socket with no one touching her.
- He continues to teach me how to love myself and love others through His unconditional love.
If we will open ourselves, our mind, eyes, ears, heart, and expect something amazing every day, God will not disappoint. There is so much to discover. If you like television, then check out Discovery, National Geographic, or Animal Planet to see places and things you might not visit. But at the end of each day, may we always remember what God has done personally. Stop. Meditate on the fact that Mighty God, Creator, Savior, Comforter, and loving Father is living in our hearts. His love is so great that He calls me His child (1 John 3:1). When I lay down at night and struggle to see the good in the day, it is in that moment that God can turn on His light and show me the truth.
Many are saying, â€œWho can show us anything good?â€
Look on us with favor, LORD.
You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and new wine abound.
I will both lie down and sleep in peace,
for You alone, LORD, make me live in safety. Â Â Â Psalm 4:6-8 (HCSB)
Indescribable by Laura Story (2004) Sung by Chris TomlinÂ